Meypack Verpackungssystemtechnik GmbH
We are pleased that you are viewing our website, and thank you for your interest in our company, our products, and our website.
In principle, people may use our website without providing any personal data. If they wish to use our company’s services through our website, processing their personal data might be necessary. If processing personal data is required, but there is no legal basis for such processing, we will always seek their consent.
Processing of personal data (e.g. the name, address, e-mail address, or telephone number of a data subject) shall always be in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) and in accordance with the country-specific data protection regulations applicable to us.
As the party responsible for processing user data, we have implemented numerous technical and organisational measures to ensure the complete protection of personal data processed through our website. However, data transmissions via the Internet can always contain security vulnerabilities. Therefore, 100% protection cannot be guaranteed. Consequently, every data subject can also transmit their personal data to us in other ways, such as by telephone.
- “Personal data” means any information relating to an identified or identifiable natural person (hereinafter referred to as the “data subject”); an identifiable person is someone who can be identified, directly or indirectly, in particular through an association with an identifier such as a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier, or to one or more special features which identify the data subject based on their physical, physiological, genetic, mental, economic, cultural or social characteristics;
- “Data subject” means any identified or identifiable natural person whose personal data are processed by the controller, which is the party responsible for user-data processing;
- “Processing” means any operation or set of operations performed upon personal data, either automatically or not. This can include collection, recording, organisation, filing, storage, adaptation or alteration, extraction, retrieval, use, disclosure by transmission, dissemination or otherwise making available, comparison or linking, restriction, deletion or destruction of data;
- “Restriction of processing” means flagging stored personal data to restrict its future processing;
- “Profiling” means any automated processing of personal data to evaluate, analyse, and predict certain unique aspects relating to a natural person, in particular aspects relating to job performance, economic situation, health, personal preferences, interests, reliability, behaviour, whereabouts or change of location of that natural person;
- “Controller” means the natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body which alone or jointly with others determines the purposes and means of personal data processing; however, where the purposes and means of such processing are determined by Union or Member State law, the controller or the specific criteria can be designated under Union or Member State law;
- “Recipient” means a natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body to whom personal data are disclosed, whether they are a third party or not; authorities acting within the framework of a specific investigation mandate under Union or Member State law shall not be considered as recipients; processing such data by the said authorities shall be carried out in accordance with applicable data protection rules in line with the processing purposes;
- “Third party” means any natural or legal person, public authority, agency or other body other than the data subject, the controller, the data processor and the persons who are under the direct responsibility of the controller or the data processor who are authorised to process the personal data;
- “Consent” means any freely given, specific, informed, and unambiguous indication of the data subject’s wishes, in the form of a statement or other clear affirmative act, by which the data subject signifies their agreement to the processing of their personal data.
2. Name and contact information of the controller
Meypack Verpackungssystemtechnik GmbH, represented by the Managing Director Mr Harald Herrmann,
Te. +49 (0) 2509 94 – 0, Telefax: +49 (0) 02509 94-142
3. Contact information of the data protection supervisor:
Meypack Verpackungssystemtechnik GmbH
Data Protection Supervisor
Industriestraße 3, 48301 Nottuln-Appelhülsen
4. Deleting and blocking personal data
We process and store the data subject’s personal data only for the time necessary to achieve the purpose of the storage or if this is provided for by the applicable laws to which the controller is subject.
If the storage purpose ceases to apply or if a storage period prescribed by law expires, the personal data is routinely blocked or deleted following the statutory provisions.
5. Collection and storage of personal data as well as the nature and purpose of their use
a) When visiting the website
In principle, you can use our website without disclosing your identity. When you visit our website, information is automatically sent to our website’s server by the browser used on your end device. This information is temporarily stored in a log file. The following information is collected without your intervention and stored until its automatic deletion:
- the IP address of the requesting computer,
- date and time of access,
- name and URL of the file accessed,
- amount of data transferred
- website from which the access was made (referrer URL),
- browser used and, if applicable, the operating system of your computer as well as the name of your access provider,
- the pages or sub-pages that you visit on our website.
We process the data mentioned above for the following purposes:
- ensuring a smooth connection to the website,
- ensuring a user-friendly experience on our website,
- evaluating system security and stability, and
- for other administrative purposes.
The legal basis for the data processing is Art. 6 para. 1.1 (f) GDPR. Our legitimate interest stems from the data collection purposes listed above. In no circumstance do we use the collected data to draw conclusions about your identity.
b) When using our contact form
If you have any questions, you may contact us using the form provided on our website. In doing so, it is necessary to provide a valid e-mail address, so we know who the enquiry is from and can contact you.
You may provide additional information voluntarily. You can decide whether you wish to enter this data in the contact form. Data processing for the purpose of contacting us is carried out in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1.1 (a) GDPR based on your voluntarily provided permission. Your personal data collected through the contact form will be automatically deleted after we address your request.
6 Further remarks on the legal basis for processing
Art. 6 para. 1.1 (a) GDPR serves Meypack Verpackungssystemtechnik GmbH as the legal basis for processing operations for which consent must be obtained for a specific processing purpose. If processing personal data is necessary to fulfil a contract to which the data subject is a contracting party, data processing will be carried out based on Art. 6 para. 1.1 (b) GDPR. The same applies to processing operations necessary to implement pre-contractual measures, such as enquiries about our services and products. If Meypack Verpackungssystemtechnik GmbH is subject to a legal obligation through which personal data processing becomes necessary, the data processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1.1 (c) GDPR. In rare cases, personal data processing could become necessary to protect the data subject’s vital interests or those of another natural person. In this case, the processing is based on Art. 6 para. 1.1 (d) GDPR. Furthermore, processing operations could be based on Art. 6 para. 1.1 (f) GDPR. Processing operations not covered by any of the previously mentioned legal bases are based on this legal basis if data processing is necessary to protect a legitimate interest of Meypack Verpackungssystemtechnik GmbH or a third party, provided that the interests, fundamental rights, and freedoms of the data subject are not outweighed. We are permitted to carry out processing operations because they have been specifically mentioned by the European lawmakers (cf. recital 47 sentence 2 GDPR).
7. Consideration of legitimate interests
If the processing of personal data is based on Art. 6 para. 1.1. (f) GDPR, Meypack Verpackungssystemtechnik GmbH’s legitimate interest is the performance and fulfilment of our business activities for the benefit of our employees and shareholders.
8. Passing on data to third parties
We will only pass on your personal data to third parties who are service partners involved in fulfilling the contract. These might include the logistics company commissioned with the delivery or the credit institution tasked with payment matters. In cases where your personal data is passed on to third parties, the extent of the scope of the transmitted data is limited to the necessary minimum.
Your personal data will not be transferred to third parties for purposes other than those mentioned above.
We also only pass on your personal data to third parties if:
- you have given your explicit consent in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1.1 (a) GDPR,
- the disclosure is necessary for the assertion, exercise, or defence of legal claims according to Art. 6 para. 1.1 (f) GDPR, and there is no reason to assume that you have an overriding interest worthy of protection by the non-disclosure of your data,
- if there is a legal obligation for disclosure in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1.1 (c) GDPR, and
- this is legally permissible and necessary to fulfil contractual relationships with you according to Art. 6 para. 1.1 (b) GDPR.
During the ordering process, we will obtain your consent to pass on your data to third parties.
Information is stored in the cookie related to the specific end device used. However, this does not mean that we gain direct knowledge of your identity.
Using cookies makes your experience on our website more pleasant for you. We use session cookies to recognise that you have already visited individual pages of our website. These are automatically deleted after you leave our website.
In addition, to optimise user-friendliness, we also use temporary cookies, which are stored on your end device for a certain fixed period. If you revisit our website to use our services, the website automatically recognises your previous visits and which entries and settings you have made so that you do not have to enter them again.
The data processed by cookies is necessary for the purposes mentioned above to protect our legitimate interests and those of third parties in accordance with Art. 6 para. 1.1 (f) GDPR.
Most browsers accept cookies automatically. However, you can configure your browser so that no cookies are stored on your computer or that a message always appears before a new cookie is created. However, the complete deactivation of cookies can mean that you may not be able to use all our website’s functions.
10. Third-party links
The links published on our website are researched and compiled by us with the utmost care. However, we have no influence on the linked pages’ current and future design and contents. We are not responsible for the content of the linked pages and expressly do not adopt the content of these pages as our own. Only the provider of the linked website shall be liable for illegal, incorrect, or incomplete content plus any damages resulting from the use or non-use of their website content. The person who merely refers to the publication through a link is excluded from any liability. We are only responsible for external references if we have been made aware of them and any possible illegal or criminal content and if it is technically possible and reasonable for us to prevent their use.
11. Analysis and tracking tools, display tools
The tracking measures listed below and used by us are based on Art. 6 para. 1.1 (f) GDPR. With the tracking measures used, we would like to ensure a needs-based design and ongoing innovative optimisation of our website. On the other hand, we use tracking measures to statistically record and evaluate the activity on our website and optimise our offer for you. These interests shall be considered legitimate within the provision mentioned above.
The respective data processing purposes and data categories can be gathered from the corresponding tracking tools.
a) Google Analytics
To ensure demand-oriented design and continuous optimisation of our pages, we use Google Analytics, a web analysis service of Google Inc. (https://www.google.de/intl/de/about/) (1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA; hereinafter “Google”). In this context, pseudonymised usage profiles are created, and cookies are used (see Section 5). The information generated by cookies about your use of this website, such as
- the browser type/version,
- operating system used,
- referrer URL (the previously visited page),
- hostname of the accessing computer (IP address),
- time of the server request
are transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. The information is used to evaluate the use of the website, compile reports on the website activities, provide other services relating to website activity and Internet usage for market research, and tailor this website to your needs. This information may also be transferred to third parties if this is required by law or if third parties process this data on our behalf. In no way will your IP address be added to any other data held by Google. The IP addresses will be anonymised so that an identification is not possible (IP masking).
Furthermore, you may also deny cookies to collect any personal data and how you use this website (inc. your IP address) and the Google to process this data by downloading and installing a browser add-on. (https://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=en).
b) Google Adwords Conversion Tracking
We also use Google Conversion Tracking to statistically record how our website is used and evaluate it to optimise our website for you. For this purpose, Google Adwords sets a cookie (see Section 5) on your computer if you have accessed our website via a Google ad.
These cookies lose their validity after 30 days and are not used for personal identification. If the user visits certain pages of the Adwords customer’s website and the cookie has not yet expired, Google and the client can recognise that the user clicked on the ad and was redirected to this page.
Each Adwords customer receives a different cookie. Cookies can therefore not be tracked via the websites of Adwords customers. The information obtained using the conversion cookie creates conversion statistics for Adwords customers who have opted for conversion tracking. The Adwords customers learn the total number of users who have clicked on their ad and were redirected to a page with a conversion tracking tag. However, they do not receive any information that can be used to identify users personally.
c) Google Maps
This site uses the mapping service Google Maps via an API. The provider is Google Inc, 1600 Amphitheatre Parkway, Mountain View, CA 94043, USA.
To use the functions of Google Maps, it is necessary to save your IP address. Depending on the data protection settings you have made on your end device, location data may also be transmitted, which is used for route planning. This information is usually transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there.
Google Maps is used to present our online offers attractively and make finding our company location easier. This constitutes a justified interest within the meaning of Art. 6 para. 1.1 (f) GDPR.
Our website uses embedded videos from our YouTube channel to display video content. The video portal provider is YouTube, LLC, 901 Cherry Ave, San Bruno, CA 94066, USA.
When a page with an integrated YouTube plugin is accessed, a connection to the YouTube servers is established. This tells YouTube which of our pages you have accessed.
YouTube can assign your surfing behaviour directly to your personal profile if you are logged into your YouTube account or if corresponding cookies have been set in advance by YouTube.
e) Further information on Google
Headquarters within the EU: Google Dublin, Google Ireland Ltd, Gordon House, Barrow Street, Dublin 4, Ireland, Fax: +353 (1) 436 1001.
- Overview of data protection: http://www.google.com/intl/de/analytics/learn/privacy.html
- Data use by Google when you use our partners’ websites or apps: https://www.google.com/intl/en/policies/privacy/partners
- Data use for advertising purposes: http://www.google.com/policies/technologies/ads
- Personalised advertising by Google: http://www.google.de/settings/ads
- Google has signed the Privacy Shield Agreement between the European Union and the USA and has certified itself. Thereby Google undertakes to comply with the standards and regulations of European data protection law. You can find more information in the following linked entry: https://www.privacyshield.gov/participant?id=a2zt000000001L5AAI&status=Active
12. Social media plugins
We use social network plugins such as those from Facebook and Twitter on our website based on Art. 6 para. 1.1 (f) GDPR to make our company better known through these networks (e.g. Facebook, Twitter). The underlying promotional purpose shall be regarded as a legitimate interest according to GDPR. The respective provider shall bear the responsibility for data protection-compliant operation. We integrate these plugins using the two-click method to protect visitors to our website in the best possible way.
Social media plugins from Facebook are used on our website to make your experience more personal. We use the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button for this purpose. This is an offer from Facebook.
When you visit a page on our website that contains such a plugin, your browser establishes a direct connection to the Facebook servers. The plugin content is transmitted directly to your browser, which then integrates it into the website.
By integrating the plugin, Facebook receives the information that your browser has retrieved the corresponding page on our website, even if you do not have a Facebook account or are not currently logged in to Facebook. This information (including your IP address) is sent directly from your browser to a Facebook server in the USA and stored there.
If you are logged in to Facebook, Facebook can attribute your visit to our website directly to your Facebook account. If you interact with the plugins, for example, by clicking on the “LIKE” or “SHARE” button, the corresponding information is also transmitted directly to a Facebook server and stored there. The information is also published on Facebook for everyone to see.
Facebook may use this information for advertising, market research and the design of the Facebook pages. To carry out these activities, Facebook creates usage, interest, and relationship profiles to monitor how you use our website with regard to the advertisements displayed to you on Facebook, to inform other Facebook users about your activities on our website, and to provide other services related to the use of Facebook.
If you do not want Facebook to assign the data collected through our website to your Facebook account, you must log out of Facebook before visiting our website.
To understand the purpose and scope of the data collection and how Facebook subsequently processes and uses this data, in addition to your rights in this regard and setting options for protecting your privacy, please refer to the data protection information, in particular Facebook’s data policy, which you can view at the following link: https://www.facebook.com/about/privacy/.
On our website, plugins of the short message network of Twitter Inc. (Twitter) are integrated. You can recognise the Twitter plugins (tweet button) via the Twitter logo on our site. An overview of tweet buttons can be found under this link on Twitter: https://dev.twitter.com/web/tweet-button.
When you visit a page of our website that contains such a plugin, a direct connection is established between your browser and the Twitter server. Twitter thereby receives the information that you have visited our site with your IP address. If you click the Twitter “tweet button” while you are logged into your Twitter account, you can link the content of our pages on your Twitter profile. This enables Twitter to associate your visit to our pages with your user account. We would like to point out that we, as the website provider, have no knowledge of the content of the transmitted data or its use by Twitter.
If you do not wish Twitter to be able to associate your visit to our pages, please log out of your Twitter user account.
13. Data subject rights
You have the right
- in accordance with Art. 15 GDPR, to request information about your personal data processed by us. In particular, you may request information about the processing purposes, the category of personal data, the categories of recipients to whom your data has been or will be disclosed, the planned storage period, the existence of a right to rectification, deletion, restriction of processing or objection, the existence of a right of appeal, the origin of your data, if it has not been collected by us, and, if applicable, meaningful information on the details thereof;
- in accordance with Art. 16 GDPR, to demand immediate correction or completion of your incorrect or incomplete personal data stored by us;
- in accordance with Art. 17 GDPR, to demand the deletion of your personal data stored by us, unless the processing is necessary for the exercise of the right to freedom of expression and information, to comply with a legal obligation, for reasons of public interest, or the assertion, exercise, or defence of legal claims;
- in accordance with Art. 18 GDPR, to request the restriction of processing your personal data insofar as you dispute the accuracy of the data, the processing is unlawful, but you object to its deletion, we no longer need the data, but you require it for the assertion, exercise or defence of legal claims, or you object to the processing according to Art. 21 GDPR;
- gemäß Art. 18 DSGVO die Einschränkung der Verarbeitung Ihrer personenbezogenen Daten zu verlangen, soweit die Richtigkeit der Daten von Ihnen bestritten wird, die Verarbeitung unrechtmäßig ist, Sie aber deren Löschung ablehnen, und wir die Daten nicht mehr benötigen, Sie jedoch diese zur Geltendmachung, Ausübung oder Verteidigung von Rechtsansprüchen benötigen, oder Sie gemäß Art. 21 DSGVO Widerspruch gegen die Verarbeitung eingelegt haben;
- in accordance with Art. 20 GDPR, to receive the personal data you have provided to us in a structured, conventional and machine-readable format or to request its transfer to another controller;
- in accordance with Art. 7 para. 3 GDPR, to withdraw your consent granted to us at any time, meaning we will no longer process the data based on this consent in the future;
- in accordance with Art. 77 GDPR, to complain to a regulatory authority. As a rule, you can contact the regulatory authority of your usual place of residence, workplace, or our company headquarters.
14 Right of objection
If your personal data is processed based on legitimate interests according to Art. 6 para. 1.1 (f) GDPR, you have the right to object to processing your personal data under Art. 21 GDPR, provided there are reasons based on your particular situation, or the objection is directed against direct advertising. In the latter case, you have a general right of objection, which we would implement without you needing to specify a particular situation.
If you wish to make use of your right of revocation or objection, simply send an e-mail to: “email@example.com”
15 Data security
During your visit to our website, we use the widespread SSL procedure (Secure Socket Layer) in conjunction with the highest level of encryption supported by your browser. As a rule, this is 256-bit encryption. If your browser does not support 256-bit encryption, we will use 128-bit v3 technology instead. You can tell whether an individual page on our website is encrypted by the closed key or lock symbol in the lower status bar of your browser.
We also use appropriate technical and organisational security measures to protect your data against accidental or intentional manipulation, partial or complete loss, destruction, or unauthorised access by third parties. Our security measures are continuously being improved to stay abreast of technological developments.